Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
We just upgraded from 7.2 to 7.5 and are told that the UBB forum templates are all changed in this new version. Can anyone tell me if there is a list of changes that I can look at (from 7.2 to 7.5) and how the templates changed.

Also wondering if there is a projected release for 7.6 so we know whether we should hold off making the changes needed to our setup in order for the new templates to work correctly.

Thanks!
Helen

Well you could start HERE
But I am not sure with your term Template!

Are you talking about styles?
There will not be a v7.6 as planned. unless many bugs appear.
We will be migrating to v8.X

Last edited by Ruben; 04/22/2009 7:05 PM.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Thanks Ruben. I will take a look at the link you provided. We have a host who does the upgrade for us and they did the upgrade today and now have to make changes to the html in order for the new version to work. They said the templates have changed in the upgrade. I don't think it is styles they are talking about - I think it is more the overall layout?

Helen

Without knowing anything about your site.
If you have some modifications to the basic code then that would be the templates.
If you are talking about appearance such as colors,highlights,banners, Etc then that would be the styles area .
Or HTML includes. But from 7.2 to 7.5.2 it should not be a styles issues unless something had a hiccup.
So possibly it is a code mod or a html include that is not working after the upgrade.
To get support here you may need to get a little more specific on what the problem is.
Probably just a issue with terms we use today that is not understood.

Blue Man Group
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Large releases (7.x) are generally feature releases; and none are slated as far as I know (seeing as 8.x is being worked on). Instead, at this point, bugfix releases (7.5.x) should be all that is released.

AS for what's been changed, you'll need to go look at the changelog forum, as this is what it's for, to tell you what's changed in each release.

As for changes to the layout (templates) it'd be included in the changelog, however any modifications to the code are completely unsupported by the UBB and should instead be directed at the company who preforms your forum maintenance.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Also as a clue there are some .txt files that are part of the upgrade. If your person knows what files were previously modified they could look at the file(s) to try to determine which files were changed.
It would have been in the last zip file downloaded used for the upgrade.
I believe there are two in the install folder.

Blue Man Group
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Thanks - yes, they support the changes required for our site - I was just trying to establish what changes have occurred so we know whether to invest the time now or wait till the next release.

We'll take a look at the changelog to see where were are and we'll watch for bug fixes.

C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Thanks guys. This is the best community for supporting one another - so friendly and so fast!

Helen

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 721 guests, and 156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29