Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#226056 04/27/2009 12:36 PM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 5
A
stranger
stranger
A Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 5
We currently have a limit to the size of the images that can be included in the signature on my forums, using the
Code
[image][/image]

How can I increase the image size of off site hosted images that can be included in the signatures? right now they are set at 100kb


Work Website: http://www.markeedragoninc.com
Personal Website: http://www.heka1.com
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Well I don't believe it is in the stock code not even the current version 7.5.2.

You could try over at UBBDEV to see if there is a code modification or if someone is willing to add one for you.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
As Far As I Know there are no "image size" limits anywhere in the code, short of allowing uploads to your server.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 5
A
stranger
stranger
A Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 5
Does anyone know why this would be in the code base? why would UBB limit the size of images hosted on a separate site?


Work Website: http://www.markeedragoninc.com
Personal Website: http://www.heka1.com
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Originally Posted by amaxwell
Does anyone know why this would be in the code base? why would UBB limit the size of images hosted on a separate site?
to not completely skew the forum layout when someone embeds an image 4k pixels by 6k pixels....


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Exactly.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)