Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#225596 04/10/2009 4:05 AM
M
stranger
stranger
M Offline
I have tested this on several UBB powered boards, for which I found the links on this forum. And I noticed that they all have the same problem, except for this support forum.

If I register as a new member and make a mistake with the captcha, I get a warning and are returned to the registration screen to retype the captcha.
From that moment on, it's no go.
You can type as many correct captchas as you like, but it will keep telling you that the captcha is wrong.

The only exception is this support forum.
After correcting (retyping) the captcha and sending the form, I get a blank screen. That's it.
The address bar reads:
https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
But nothing further happens.

M
stranger
stranger
M Offline
No response al all?

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
I haven't been able to recreate this issue. Tried on a few forums, including this one, purposely mistyped the first captcha, went back and type it properly and the account was created.

I think the reason that nobody has any input is because as Rick stated can't duplicate the problem.
Possibly we need for info like what site has a problem and what browser and version you are using.
And any other info such as firewall(Norton,Pc-Cillin,ETC)

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
M
stranger
stranger
M Offline
Just tried it on a few forums again just now, and no problems this time.

A few weeks ago though, I got a message from a visitor who couldn't register because of the captcha-error.
I tried it myself and experienced the same problem. So tried a few more UBB powered forums and noticed the same behaviour.
I don't remember which forums though. I didn't pay attention to the URLs then, just to the subscription itself.

Don't know if FF has anything to do with it, but by now I have upgraded to FF 3.0.10. At the time of the problem, I was on 3.0.8.

I am using Eset and Zone Alarm for security, but those haven't changed since my initial post here.

As said, I cannot reproduce the problem anymore now, but I will keep an eye on it and try to figure out some more info if I run into it again.

Maybe then if it is your site you have a server issue. Lost connection to the web or db server for a brief moment of time.
If you don't have error logs turned on in UBB you may want to enable it for future troubleshooting.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
M
stranger
stranger
M Offline
Originally Posted by Ruben
Maybe then if it is your site you have a server issue.
Don't think so. As I said before, after running into this problem on our own server I tried it at several other sites as well and all with the same problem.

But because I'm unable to reproduce the problem now, I do think that the problem might have been caused locally. The only thing puzzling me is that I was able to reproduce it at the time on first notice from a user. So I'm not the only one to have experienced that problem.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,009 guests, and 174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29