Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 5
J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 5
Hi, I'm trying to create a post-island that I can integrate on other pages of my site (our forums are just one "section"). I want this post island to show the 10 recently active topics like it currently does, however, I'd also like it to show the first few sentences of each post to sort of entice the reader to click into the forums.

Has anyone developed this or figured out how to configure it? I can't seem to figure it out in the control panel, and my programming skills are only beginner to intermediate so I'm sort of hesitant to attempt it myself.

Please advise, thanks.
Chris

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
You could go another route and use RSS feeds in your pages.
Control Panel ยป RSS Feeds


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 5
J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 5
Hey Ruben, that's a great idea - and it's already in there. Let me take a look at that.. thanks!


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Phun), 259 guests, and 127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)