|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353
Enthusiast
|
|
Enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353 |
Hi have a problem since the update 7.5.3 with the latest photos. What has happened since the latest update is that the new pictures do not show up in the latest photos box and yes the area is part of the gallery as I have checked that the area was marked to show pictures.
Is this a bug or is there something I need to do to correct it. All was working before with 7.5.3.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1 |
Could be a stuck cache. What I'd do is FTP into your server and delete everything inside the cache/ directory except for the index.html file and then go into the control panel and clear the cache.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88 |
Outdoorking, Is this not the same picture you had a similar problem with before. I recall this was a avi file???
Blue Man Group There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353
Enthusiast
|
|
Enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353 |
This is the same guy and he has put a youtube in the post as well. Here is a link: CLICK HERE
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88 |
Looks like the file is missing in the thumbs folder. http://www.outdoorking.com/forum/gallery/61/thumbs/609.jpgEven in the medium and full folders. Possibly it was deleted and a pointer is still there. Could try rebuilding content to see if it goes away. Edit And clear cache using the method Rick suggested
Last edited by Ruben; 05/21/2009 6:09 PM. Reason: Added comment
Blue Man Group There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88 |
Yep I was just looking at it. When I posted before.
Blue Man Group There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353
Enthusiast
|
|
Enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353 |
Could be a stuck cache. What I'd do is FTP into your server and delete everything inside the cache/ directory except for the index.html file and then go into the control panel and clear the cache. Rick have done what you requested but no difference.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88 |
This is very odd. I don't have a answer but HERE is a reference to your other post with a similar problem. But it looks like a different photo file number.
Blue Man Group There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88 |
Just thinking but. The person in question is a moderator, So I don't know the rights assigned to him. But I do know with my last host I had issues with the cache when posts were entered. And then deleted or moved. In the active topics island the posts still appeared but the links were broken until I rebuild content. Just my 2cents.
BTW since I changed hosts I don't seem to have that issue anymore.
Blue Man Group There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353
Enthusiast
|
|
Enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353 |
Thanks Ruben I will try a rebuild and see what happens. I have already done what Rick suggested but no change.
I have been with godaddy for over a year now and have not had any real issues with them. I have found their support about 200% + better than anyone here in Australia.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353
Enthusiast
|
|
Enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353 |
I think it could be some sort of bug related to the photo. This is the photo # 604.jpg ![[Linked Image from outdoorking.com]](http://www.outdoorking.com/forum/gallery/61/thumbs/604.jpg) but for some reason in the latest photo box it is looking for photo # 609 which does not exist at all. What I have done is change the thumb image # 609 and it works in the latest photo side box. It is some problem between the post and the side box relating to the picture number.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294 Likes: 2 |
I think this goes all the way back to 7.4 as I have been having this problem way back then. I just keep changing the database to make it right but it does not happen all the time. I think it has something to do with what browser the person is using and what version number.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353
Enthusiast
|
|
Enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353 |
JAISP I will check what browser the person is using because it is the only one that I am having problems with.
Thanks for letting me know as I would like to get to the bottom of it.
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
381
guests, and
101
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|