Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#227108 06/10/2009 9:34 PM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 12
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 12
I have noticed this spider listed in the "whose online" section of spiders and I wanted to ask first if the yahoo spider is suppose to show up with inktomi? I have looked at a number of UBB boards and I see Yahoo! and Google but our boards seem to have MSN, Google, and then the rest this spider. The other thing I am not sure about is the length of stay. Most are over 8 minutes. Is that normal?

Right now I am counting 49 inktomi spiders and about 5 from other sources.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Helen

cpohelen #227110 06/10/2009 10:29 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Well, the Yahoo! trigger in the search engines page is "Yahoo! Slurp" whereas Inktomi is "Slurp"; so that'd be why both show differently, because when Yahoo crawls for Yahoo it crawls with a specific user agent.

And spiders work in different ways, some send several bots at once and ping specific pages, only to come back another day and grab more; whereas some come once, ping a set number, then leave; and others come, crawl, and leave at their leisure.

normal, yes.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 270 guests, and 100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)