Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 194
P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 194
I was wondering, I am thinking for version 8.1, a hybrid display mode should be added. I know that 8.1 is a long way down since development has just started in 8.0, however, I think it would be a useful feature for some users.

Hybrid view is similar to threaded view based on the fact that posts are shown in threaded order. However, how hybrid view differs from threaded view is that in addition to the selected post being displayed, all of its child posts are also displayed in a similar fashion to flat view.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 245
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 245
[Linked Image from the-highway.com] I would love to see this feature. It has been suggested over the years on several occasions but perhaps the time is right for Rick to seriously consider given the incessant problem with Threaded Mode/unread posts. A PC techie forum I frequent all the time has this "hybrid" view (DCForums version 1.25) and it is invaluable to most there. Navigating a thread especially one with lots of replies is a breeze. [Linked Image from the-highway.com]


Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 225 guests, and 88 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)