Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#227225 06/18/2009 4:48 PM
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 4
B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 4
I have a website forum with 1400 members. Their email addresses are contained in pages of 25. It would appear that I can only email them all in one go or page by page.
What I would like to know is how can I select certain members and email only them. On each page you have the ability to select members but when you click on their address and move to the next page, the clicks on the previous page seem to be removed. I've little computer skills and have also tried emailing the complete list to myself but can't get them over into the address book of outlook express. I've asked this question on our forum but haven't really had it answered.
Raymond
www.bladnoch.co.uk

bladnoch #227226 06/18/2009 5:08 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
I have noticed this dilemma myself.
One option is to refine your search to a page at a time. Send the mail. Then go back to the search and select page two and send the mail, Etc Etc.

As far as Express I don't use it I use Outlook. But if you send yourself a comma delimited file and cut and paste into the to box to send that works.
If you wish to save the list in your address book. Then I believe you would need to save the list as a txt file then open outlook select file>>import and import the file to your address book. It works for Outlook but I am not sure about express. I do know it is a option install so you will need the Office disks to have that feature.
Of course you will not have user names just email addresses.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Ruben #227227 06/18/2009 5:51 PM
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 4
B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 4
Thankyou Ruben,
The page by page method is rather slow, I think we have about 60 pages.
Re your suggestion, "if you send yourself a comma delimited file and cut and paste into the to box to send that works" Again does this require you to cut and paste individually for every single address?
However as a result of your comment I have now succeeded in importing the addresses into my contacts list.
However I was hoping to import them into a separate group within the address book so that I could email them en masse. Unfortunately they have been mixed with all my personal contacts. Is it possible to import them into a particular group?
Many thanks
Raymond
Bladnoch Distillery
Scotland

bladnoch #227229 06/18/2009 6:14 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
I am not really sure if there is a auto way but you could open your address book and cut and paste them into a group. Just select a bunch right click and select copy then click on a group and right click paste.
I find it easier to just have a mail list setup in the host server and import the list there.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Ruben #227230 06/18/2009 6:20 PM
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 4
B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 4
Many thanks, you've been a great help.
Raymond

bladnoch #227231 06/18/2009 6:32 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Wish I could help more. But I don't use express so I don't know what options you may not have.

But anyway. Time for the Moderators to move this post out of here.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Ruben #227234 06/18/2009 7:16 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
Moved:
Feature Suggestions -> General Assistance


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 427 guests, and 119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)