Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#227287 06/22/2009 3:25 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 522
Addict
Addict
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 522
Has anyone signed up for this?

http://advertising.microsoft.com/publisher/overview

I'm wondering about it. I've had some success with Google Adsense, and I don't want to ignore any potential sources for revenue.

I've noticed a LOT of hits from the Bing search page in my referrer logs, and it seems to be growing.


Steve

UBB.classic from 2000-2003
UBB.threads from 2003-present!
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
No I have not signed up but I am curious on what the agent string is to enter in the control panel.
I already have a few listings in the referral log.
Anybody?


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
I pretty much designed my own advertising software and moved away from google. Takes forever to get any amount of money and they don't pay.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I've never had a problem with getting paid through google (you have to hit $100 before they pay out) it's just that my profits are steadily declining each month...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
I had 750,000 ads displayed. A few hundred click through. Was like $33 bucks.

How many million ads does it take to get $00 bucks?

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 522
Addict
Addict
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 522
Google has always paid me on time, luckily. The last few months have been pretty good, too. If there are opportunities with the Microsoft ads, it may help to take advantage of them. I also have a few of my own sponsors.


Steve

UBB.classic from 2000-2003
UBB.threads from 2003-present!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Well, google only pays out at $100; most $ is generated through clicks and not views; for me it's every couple of months... I used to get $100 in a month, now it's less and less it seems...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
I have yet to make $10 in internet advertising tongue


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by AllenAyres
I have yet to make $10 in internet advertising tongue

Maybe you need to show a little more leg. wink

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
He He He.
You guys are to funny.

BTW what is the going rate. LOL


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
.001 per view or something like that and like .003 per click. I may be just a bit off.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 522
Addict
Addict
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 522
We might be violating the TOS to talk about that in a public forum (maybe we need a private one!), and you KNOW the Google spiders are looking for it. laugh

I submitted an application to Micro$oft to be a "beta publisher." We'll see if they approve it.


Steve

UBB.classic from 2000-2003
UBB.threads from 2003-present!
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
I closed the Google account anyway. Not like I will ever get a penny from them.

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 755
Likes: 1
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 755
Likes: 1
I have been having great luck with google ad sense...pays for my site, computer upgrades, and helps towards vacation money (covered my air fareto Florida last year)


"No matter where you go, there you are."
"If you can't do something smart, Do something right"
"There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't"
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
I have tried google adsense for a few months. As yet no payment. But I find as earnings accrue you have to go back and update info that was not available to update before.(Tax info,Phone#,Payment Method)
Now I am waiting on a PIN that was supposedly mailed snail mail that I never received.
So I guess once you get through the hurdles you will start to receive something.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
I went through all that with the PIN and everything and took care of it all.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Okay, So I guess it is wait and see! Huh


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 522
Addict
Addict
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 522
Oh, well. Microsoft never even had the courtesy to reply to my inquiry. In other news, June was my second best month ever for Google Adsense.


Steve

UBB.classic from 2000-2003
UBB.threads from 2003-present!
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Yeah, I think the days of Microsoft responding to inquiries is long gone. If you want to pay for a Technical Support issue they'll call you back tongue


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 206 guests, and 158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)