Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
journeyman
journeyman
I've received the following report from a user that is in the Global Moderator:

I'd like to be able to delete a forum post -- not the entire topic, just one particular post. The UBB software gives me the impression that I should be able to do so, but thus far I've been unsuccessful.

In this particular example, a customer errantly posted the same topic in two different threads. They realized their mistake, and edited the thread where the post should not appear accordingly. Now I'd like to resolve the situation by simply deleting that post for them.

Using Firefox, I click the Edit button for that post, then click the Delete Post button (it doesn't seem to matter what I do with the check-boxes above that). The portion of the UBB display where the forum post would normally appear blanks out (turns white), and the path at the top of the screen shows "Delete this post" where it would normally display the title of the thread. ([Another user] says that when he tries this in Firefox, he gets an additional "done" message that I never see.) If I return to the thread in question, the post is still there (same results for [that other user]).

Using IE, I follow the same steps above, only when I click the Delete Post button IE hangs and I have to kill it.

Ideally it would be nice to be able to delete a post (without deleting the entire thread). If this isn't possible, it would be nice to make the Delete Post button disappear.

For the forum in question, the permissions look ok, but the time limit for edit and delete was set to 0. It's not clear if this is unlimited or not allowed. So, I changed it to 16777000 and had him try it again. Same results.

Is this a bug, or is there perhaps something that I am missing? We are using 7.5.3.

Thanks,
Tim

UBB Since November 07, 2000.
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Hmm, not too sure. I'll see if I can duplicate, but the best thing will probably be if you can open up a support ticket with the admin login and the post in question so I can look directly at the issue.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 1,189 guests, and 270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29