Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 245
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 245
Does anyone know what would cause this issue with the borders as shown in the screenshot. In fact ALL default skins in 7.5.1 do this. Several are seeing this problem. I'm using IE8 in Vista, XP and Win 7 which all have the same problem as well.

[Linked Image from img36.imageshack.us]


Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
If you are using v7.5.1 then it could be the compatability issue with IE8.
HERE is a post with a fix by adding a meta tag.
ubb7.5.3 has this tag incorporated already.
Give it a try and see if it works for you.
Also near the end of the topic I posted a news release on this issue from a previous host I was using.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 245
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 245
Thanks Ruben,

But, I have already implemented that "fix" to correct the textbox problem where it didn't autoscroll and it did work. The "Compatibility Mode" icon isn't showing so it appears that too indicates that things are the way they should be.

I should also add that the "Sunny" Style renders the same way with the artifacts at the table corners.

Any other ideas other than it's just another IE8 issue?


Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Yep I can see that the fix is in place.
And I can see the issue with IE8 but not firefox.
But I also noticed that the styles in question are really designed for versions prior or equal to ubb7.4.2 And you are using v7.5.1.
Even though Rick posted sunny style at ubbskins.
Zarzal is really up to date with this stuff maybe he can give us some input.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 245
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 245
Yep, I'm using 7.5.1

So, you are saying I should post over on ubbskins; perhaps a PM to Zarzal?


Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Maybe. Unless Rick chimes in.
I am sure it is probably a css property issue with IE8. But I don't have a clue on where to go from here.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 381 guests, and 101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)