Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran
Veteran
You can try this --> http://www.dzsoft.com/php-editor.html

You will need to download and install the interpreter though too.

Ok I have noted all that thank you.

I guess I am missing something again because I did enable my FP to php to be able to open and view a preview.

Also if you got to the top of this page and click on file, you should see 'Edit with FP' If I do that, it opens this forum in FP for me and I can see everything, I can preview and also click on the HTML to see all the codes, I couldn't do this before I enabled FP to view php but now I can.

Can I not edit like that and use it?

The other thought I had was to do just that but rather than load them back to the server with the main forum script I could load it up to the server as a normal HTML seperate web page just like I upload any website, I could then have my links from the forum going to those pages, ok they wont be in sync with the forums but I can at least use the same design.

Would that work?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by Gizmo
I made a wrapper.php script for a client some time ago that just reads wrapper.php?page=pagename from a ubb/pages/pagename.php page on the server for a client a while back; never really did anything with it lol
I'm doing some vast code cleanup before releasing the file; but for anyone interested you can see a demo here.

The link in the footer of the page will direct you to the information page of the script, which will link you to the UBBDev thread once I release it to the wild.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Not not really if you want to edit a php file.
You need to edit the script itself.
What you are seeing is the results of the php scripts that have run already from the server. That is basically served up to the browser in html format and is a static page that will not update unless you refresh or wait for the cache to refresh the page. It will not update if you were to save the page as soozi and publish it back to your site.

But you could use this as a cheat tool to build your own pages that you wanted to do to begin with.

This will provide the table layout and colors for you to start with as a template. Then you could save it and publish it. Of course you would need to edit it anyway to clean it up since most of the stuff you would not want for a separate page. And delete the stuff called dynamic that changes .

You know I completely forgot about this work around.
I used it myself when I just started and it became a little cumbersome for me as time moved on. But it is a simple method to clone a page.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Soozi, Just so you know some of the dynamic stuff like the islands could be added to your extra pages using a includes statement. But I don't think you want to get into that right now. You could always add them at a later time to your pages once you get them going.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Hi Ruben, thanks for all the info, as you can imagine for a newbie to all these terms and codes etc my head is pretty much done in right now but I am keeping this topic in my watch list to refer back to when I am not so brain dead. I have started to do some ordinary separate pages with a similar design to the forums and that will have to do for now.

I really appreciate your help and the help of others on here..........and I am not finished with you all yet laugh

Actually I have asked an additional question about uploading files back in the other topic I started Here

Probably see you in that topic next wink

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
ScriptKeeper after installing this great chat page I now have a problem with the who's online box not showing guest up. It appears to be including guest with spiders.

Can anyone point me in the right direction in order to fix this please.

Veteran
Veteran
Your spider definitions are causing the problem.

Control Panel » General » Who's Online » Search Engine Agents

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
JAISP thanks for your help. It fixed my problem and now all is ok again.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 458 guests, and 91 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29