Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#228674 08/26/2009 5:05 PM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
A nice feature would be to be able to select what you want in your admin log file. I like to watch what is going on in my forum but do not need to know every time someone edits their own post.

It would be nice to be able to select the different logging options and if they edit a post and it does not mark in the post who edited it then have it logged for a person editing their own past and such.

Also If I make changes to my own forum setting like as I am the main admin i really do not need to have it tell me in the log every change I made for example.

Any way. A selection of what is being logged and such would be great.

JAISP #228675 08/26/2009 5:37 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
To be honest I like that it logs my changes.
So if something gets hosed up I can reference what I did.
But I guess it would be a nice to have, to exclude certain changes.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Ruben #228677 08/26/2009 6:11 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
I think for this subject it would also be a nice to have to select a purge period setting. Such as purge all entries after 30 days so you don't have to manually go in and delete them. They just delete after x number of days.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Ruben #228802 08/30/2009 3:38 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
My experience in moderating some rather large forums is that the admin log is invaluable. The more info the better, IMHO. I want it to log everything I do too. I'm fallible, I make mistakes, I want to be able to look back and see that "oops, I did that."


This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
David Dreezer #228810 08/30/2009 6:39 PM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
I understand, but then again you do not need to see every time a member edits their own post either.

JAISP #228829 08/31/2009 1:05 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
true enough.


This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
3 members (CESEREL, Geoff, Gizmo), 765 guests, and 133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)