Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 29
R
newbie
newbie
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 29
How do I change the default in active text so that when a active link text is clicked on it opens in a new window not the parent window?

Thanks for you help
Jay

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Example:
HTML
<a href="http://www.quackit.com/html/html_help.cfm" target="_blank">HTML Help</a>


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Your activetext entry would look like:
Code
UGN Security|<a href="http://www.undergroundnews.com/" target="_blank">UGN Security</a>


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 29
R
newbie
newbie
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 29
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Your activetext entry would look like:
Code
UGN Security|<a href="http://www.undergroundnews.com/" target="_blank">UGN Security</a>


confused, I dont see any code.

Jay

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,344
G
veteran
veteran
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,344
target="_blank" is what they are saying to add, thats the code

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Code
UGN Security|<a href="http://www.undergroundnews.com/" target="_blank">UGN Security</a>

IE display bug; lets add some padding:

Code


UGN Security|<a href="http://www.undergroundnews.com/" target="_blank">UGN Security</a>




I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
_target="blank"
is standard html which when placed as suggested will cause a new browser window to display the url. Instead of replacing the existing window.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 29
R
newbie
newbie
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 29
Thank you guys for the education.

Muchas Gracias
Jay


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, 1 invisible), 522 guests, and 131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)