|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 23
newbie
|
|
newbie
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 23 |
Here's my list...
1.) Better looking templates. I love, love, love UBB threads. But it's ugly. I would get graphic designers with CSS knowledge involved to make it prettier. I would love a look akin to Facebook's design. I applaud the tableless design effort.
2.) A tool to archive members. I want to prune down my dead users who haven't posted but keep them available in the database so they're not really gone. This way I can research their data down the line if I need to but keep my database fresh.
3.) Chat functionality similar to Facebook's chat.
4.) Integration with Facebook/Twitter type APIs.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1 |
#1 was pretty much the whole point of this redesign, so that's a for sure.
#2. Not a bad idea. Could archived members resume their account, or are they just stuffed in another table and dead for archive purposes.
#3 we've talked about a bit, and not too sure yet, but it's something we'll be looking into. Definitely will end up with a facebook type status bar down at the bottom, so some type of chat off of that is a possibility.
#4 Yessir. Facebook fan page setup today for testing when we get to that point, and will be setting up a twitter page as well.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88 |
I think item 2 to archive per say members has some great potential. Or at least something to tag a member account to search by. It could be used for say searching for duplicate members. Tag each one. Do research and go back and do what ever you want merge delete etc. Also it could be useful for abusers. Tag the account and if they continue ban them.
Blue Man Group There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
I like the idea of archiving the account, yet allowing them to (at some future point) re-activate their account (if possible)... Perhaps set their title to "inactive member" when archived or something?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 154
member
|
|
member
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 154 |
Nice ideas, having more skins is a sure winner.
What I would really really really like Rick is the ability for ADMIN to be able to render a website within say the first post within a forum.
But no scroll bars, the page can in increase or decrease in real estate by increasing or decreasing the size of the browser window.
Naz. [The world is big enough for everyone - so be HAPPY  ]
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 755 Likes: 1
Old Hand
|
|
Old Hand
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 755 Likes: 1 |
I like the idea of archiving the account, yet allowing them to (at some future point) re-activate their account (if possible)... Perhaps set their title to "inactive member" when archived or something? love this idea, I think half my current membership is "dead" #4 Yessir. Facebook fan page setup today for testing when we get to that point, and will be setting up a twitter page as well. looking forward to this as well
"No matter where you go, there you are." "If you can't do something smart, Do something right" "There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't"
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
563
guests, and
80
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
|
|