Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 16
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 16
I have been running 7.3 flawlessly for one year. My subscription expired September 28, 2009. Mysteriously I woke up this morning to a 0kb config.inc file. Nothing was done out of the ordinary.

I paid to have UBB installed, so I have no zip file to pull the original config file out. I have no backup of the config file.

I suspect that I will lose all cumstomization of the forum, but is there anyway to get a 7.3 config file (better yet the entire zip file) so I can atleast get the forums back up and running without paying for another years subscription?

Thanks.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Lets see. 7.3 was released 05/2008.
If you purchased this at the time then the membership expired 05/2009.
Even if you paid for renewal it would not work.
Even if you were able to get a 7.3 version (not available)the file in question would be blank. Because it would be populated by the install script.
It should be your responsibility to make backups including the MySQl database.

The problem is probably your hosting service hosed your file.

With all that said. You can ask your host to restore a older file, should work fine with a few tweaks or Open a support ticket and see if Rick can help you.

Did not want to sound like a jerk but it is the facts.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)