L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L Offline
I have no idea what I am doing

I just installed the forum and am in the Control Panel

Forum Settings - Forum Title - Forum Description

etc. etc.

I do not understand where this will appear on the page and how it will affect the look of the page and Forum

In this Forum, on top it says: UBB.threads Community

Is that what I am naming in there?

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L Offline
Ok I just went to Forum here and it says:

UBB.threads Community - Forum powered by UBB.threads

Is that what I am naming in there?

Forum Title:

Forum Description:

Parent:
If you choose a forum as the parent, this forum will be made a subforum.

---

I have no idea what I am doing here

I do not understand these options

If I make a mistake can I edit or delete it later?

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L Offline
Ok, on top here, it says:

UBB.threads Community » Forums » UBB.threads 7 Discussion » General Assistance (How Do I?)

Is that what I am naming there?

Forum Title: UBB.threads Community

Forum Description:

Where is the Forum Description here on this Forum?

?

So you put for Forum Title: UBB.threads Community

And it came out like this: UBB.threads Community » Forums

?

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L Offline
copy/paste from your Instructions:

Add Categories

The Setup Wizard allows you to add five categories. If you wish to have more than five, you can add additional categories later, under the Forums » Category Settings section of your control panel. Once you've created your categories via the Setup Wizard, click Submit.

Note:UBB.threads™ creates a default category called "General Discussion". If you wish to have a category by the same name, there's no need to create it here. If you wish to change the name of the category, or delete it, you may do so later under the Forums » Category Settings section of your control panel.

Add Forums

You will now see your newly created categories in a list and have the opportunity to build forums within these categories. To create a forum, choose the category to which you'd like to add and click the [+] symbol to expand that section. The Setup Wizard allows you to add up to ten forums in each category. If you wish to have more than ten forums in a category, you can add additional forums later, under the Forums » Forum Settings section of your control panel.

Create your forums by adding the Forum Name, Forum Description (optional), and choose whether or not users are required to log in before posting with the Anonymous Posting? setting. When you've finished setting up your forums, click "Submit".

===

Don't I have to create Categories first and than add Forum sections under each Category?

I don't understand why the first option is Forum Basics:

Forum Title:

Forum Description:

?

Can I skip that and just Add Categories and than add Forum sections under each Category?

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L Offline
Ok the first Option is: Forums > Forum Settings

Forum Settings

You do not have any forums.

Add New Forum

---

Next Option is: Forums > Category Settings

===

Can I skip the first Forum Settings - Add New Forum option and just first do the next Forums > Category Settings first?

I don't understand

I am stuck here

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
The first thing you'll want to do is create your categories. So you'll use the Forum -> Category Settings and clck the "Add Category" button and then add a categroy. Do that until you have those added.

Then you can go to the Forum -> Forum Settings and click the Add Forum button. Fill in the basics such as the forum title, choose the category, etc. When you've filled all that in and have added it will take you to the permission screen. This is where you need to set the permissions for the forum, who can see it, who can post to it, etc.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L Offline
Originally Posted by Rick
The first thing you'll want to do is create your categories. So you'll use the Forum -> Category Settings and clck the "Add Category" button and then add a categroy. Do that until you have those added.

Then you can go to the Forum -> Forum Settings and click the Add Forum button. Fill in the basics such as the forum title, choose the category, etc. When you've filled all that in and have added it will take you to the permission screen. This is where you need to set the permissions for the forum, who can see it, who can post to it, etc.

Thanks bro !

God bless you, sir.

This is a fine Forum (software). I like it

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 898 guests, and 155 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29