Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 193
S
sb
Offline
member
member
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 193
We recently upgraded but seem to be missing all the code for our custom islands, header and footer of our bbs.

Is there a quick fix?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
When upgrading, did you follow this portion of the instructions?

Quote
Upload all files and directories from the unzipped UBB.threads™ directory to the UBB.threads™ installation directory, except for the includes, styles, and cache_builders/custom directories. You will want to upload all of the .php files within the cache_builders directory, just make sure not to upload the custom directory or files within it.

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 193
S
sb
Offline
member
member
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 193
gggrrr... seems I was referring to the wrong instructions. I thought I remembered more sacred dirs than just styles. When I did the upgrade, I made a full zip of all of the UBB files, and also a separate zip of just the styles directory. I copied all of the files that came with 7.5.4.1, then unzipped the styles backup so that our previous files "would win".

I have restored the includes and cache_builders/custom directories, then I restored the .php files that were in cache_builders.

We are seeing the headers for our islands, but the islands have no content within them.

Getting closer... suggestions from here? Thanks!

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 193
S
sb
Offline
member
member
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 193
One other thing we are noticing, the "Who's Online" block has some stray comas in its content...

"Who's Online
6 registered (, , , , , 1 invisible), 5 Guests and Spiders online."

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 193
S
sb
Offline
member
member
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 193
Looking around the UBB control panel, things look strange. So I am going to roll back to 7.2.2 both in files and the last backup of the DB I pulled right when I started the upgrade, and go though the upgrade again. Hopefully things will turn out better this time. Thankfully our hosting provider provides adequate space that I can make many backups of all sorts of things.

I will post again on this thread to update as to how this turns out this time.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Ok, will keep an eye on this thread for if you have any questions/problems along the way.

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 193
S
sb
Offline
member
member
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 193
We have successfully upgraded now. Thank you for your kind help!

One thing we would like to get rid of is the "0 Spiders" included in Who's Online. Is there any way to delete that information?

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
If you are talking about just the island that would be in the template file
island_whos_online.tpl
Just comment out the section on spiders.
Then you would edit the language file portal_islands.php
edit the key field ONLINE_ANONS delete the "And" at the end.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 193
S
sb
Offline
member
member
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 193
Thank you for your reply. We edited as per your suggestion but when we click on "Who's Online" and go to the detail view A table with Spiders still show up. We need to nuke that reference as well.

Thank you.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Like I said that would just be the island.
If you want the details to exclude the spiders.
You have two paths. Delete the agent details and spiders will appear as guests
In Control Panel » Display Options
Search Engine Agents:
Delete all the items,
but the details will show 0 spiders on line they just will appear as guests.

If you want the detail page to not show even that you would need to edit the template file "online.tpl" file.
Delete or comment out the $tbopen just above the line that has BOT_USERS all the way down to the line that has $tbclose. That should be the last line.



Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 193
S
sb
Offline
member
member
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 193
Solved just now. Found that the unwanted content was coming from another tpl file, online.tpl

I ended up whacking the end of that file, all that was building the table for the Spiders. Results are acceptable.

Basically the same as the end of your post just above. Yes, appeared that the $tbclose was needed, and I left the final line as the <br /> tag just for good measure.

Thanks very much! :-)


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 427 guests, and 119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)