Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#230543 11/01/2009 7:24 AM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 195
Likes: 1
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 195
Likes: 1
UBB Error
There was a problem looking up this post in our database.

---

The topics are there but when clicked on the above message appears.

I can create new topics, reply to new topics and post in the shout box.

Any ideas please?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Well, we need the error... If you enable sql error logging in the control panel and can recreate the error then it'll be copied to the file you specify (in the cp).

You could also disable the generic error message by editing /libs/mysql.inc.php and looking for the $show_error line and setting it to a 0, but I'd recommend changing it back to a 1 when done as it can have security implications when left on.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 195
Likes: 1
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 195
Likes: 1
I will report back Giz, thanks.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 195
Likes: 1
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 195
Likes: 1
The only error displayed is the one I posted above. I have gone to View SQL errors and it just says log underneath with no errors displayed.

Where do I enable logging please? I will keep looking incase I find it before someone answers smile

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 195
Likes: 1
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 195
Likes: 1
Found it, do I just create a directory and add to that path/destination option?

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 195
Likes: 1
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 195
Likes: 1
What should the chmod of the directory be?


Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 195
Likes: 1
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 195
Likes: 1
It's set at 777?

Test says it's writable.

Have browsed the site and get the error message the same as in my first post above but nothing is listing under the SQL errors log frown

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 195
Likes: 1
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 195
Likes: 1
Edited the file you suggested and it was already set to 0 so I have changed to 1.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 195
Likes: 1
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 195
Likes: 1
If I click on a profile that works.

I can browse all forums.

But when I click on a subject, the error is displayed frown

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
That error is basically saying it just can't find the post. What you need to do is look at your ubbt_POSTS table and make sure that it's populated. You can go into the control panel and then the DB Info link and it will show how many rows are in that table.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 195
Likes: 1
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 195
Likes: 1
Which option is it Rick, can't find it?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Sorry, Database Tools. Lower portion of the left menu in the control panel. You'll see all tables listed, and one of the columns shows the total # of rows in each table.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 195
Likes: 1
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 195
Likes: 1
Everything is working now, kind of. We uploaded the database again. However there is one topic that when clicked gives the same error. Is there any way I remove the title of the topic from the forum?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
You'll need either the topic id or the post id that is being linked to. Depending on which you have, you can use one of the queries below, replacing 'topic_id' or 'post_id' with the number you have.

SQL Query
delete from ubbt_TOPICS where TOPIC_ID = 'topic_id'

or

SQL Query
delete from ubbt_TOPICS where POST_ID = 'post_id'

If you want to verify it's the right topic before deleting, you can change the query to:

SQL Query
select TOPIC_SUBJECT from ubbt_TOPICS where TOPIC_ID='topic_id'

or

SQL Query
select TOPIC_SUBJECT from ubbt_TOPICS where POST_ID='post_id'


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Phun), 259 guests, and 127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)