Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#230643 11/03/2009 8:20 PM
D
D Offline
I created an RSS feed for my forum, and the url given is http://www.mydomain.com/forums/cache/rss16.xml

however, I plug this into Google Reader and it says the URL doesn't exist.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
One recommendation I'd take would be to check the permissions on the cache/ folder, it should be chmodded 777 (and files within it should be 666).

After you've updated permissions (via FTP) then I'd recommend that you clear your cache through the UBB's control panel (bottom link in the control panel).

After you've done that then I'd recommend you try to access that link directly to see if it's been fixed.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
journeyman
journeyman
Not sure that answered the question...

I was also wondering the same thing, but you will need to "dumb" it way down for me...

Start with, how does one work...

My Idea (Tell me if it can be done) was to have an RSS feeds of most recent posts on my hone page, sort of an advertiser for the forums... Here is what is being discussed recently in the forums... Stop over and check them out... Trying to incorporate the forums on the home page with some actual content from them...

What are your thoughts... ?

Thanks!
Tom

Come On Over, We'll keep the fire burning for ya!

ALSO visit our newest forums - www.ATVingpA.com/forums
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Well, she was saying it was giving that error, that error means the file isn't being created (by going to the forum and checking it wasn't being created) so the troubleshooting was to ensure that the directory is writeable so the file can be created and overwritten.

As for syndicating RSS feeds, there are plenty of free RSS parsers online, your google search criteria would vary based on how you have content on your site... If you're using PHP (which would be ideal) you'd simply search "PHP RSS Parser" (for ASP you'd do "ASP RSS Parser"). With any luck you aren't using plain .html pages as they're not parsed as PHP files by default.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Geoff), 1,018 guests, and 215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29