Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#231042 11/14/2009 10:41 PM
G
veteran
veteran
G Offline
I saw this on another software and thought it would be nice to have here. It checks the browser and suggests that you upgrade to a modern browser to get full enhancement. It gives icons and links to the more modern browsers.

[Linked Image from eternalshadows.com]

Addict
Addict
As a user, that would annoy the Hell out of me.

Steve

UBB.classic from 2000-2003
UBB.threads from 2003-present!
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Well, if we want to move forward with features and technology, relying on users who're still operating with IE5 will really hold things back...

I'm sure IE7/IE8, FireFox3, etc will be highly supported featurewise; but things way outdated really do need some sort of push to upgrade.

I know Rick is making some compatibility updates for a "low fi" presentation of things for outdated browsers (hey, I recommended something like that!) as a first start.

I also know that some people are in a position where they can't upgrade; so I'm sure if something like this worked its way into the stock product that it'd be for "members only" and that each member could disable the nag just by clicking an "ignore this suggestion" option.

I do like the idea though; a lot of people just install things and forget them. They don't take the time to upgrade what works for them; giving them a push can be helpful.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
G
veteran
veteran
G Offline
LOL, thanks Giz, I was thinking the same last night about making it like a nag feature and that it could be turned off so those who don't have the option to upgrade don't get annoyed.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Test
by Phun - 05/28/2024 7:31 PM
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 342 guests, and 143 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29