Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A
art
A Offline
I just got done moving my forums to a new hosting setup, after I got 7.2.2 running well without it throwing any errors (there were some bad paths I had to fix ;-) ) I ran the upgrade to 7.5.4.2

It was uneventful, in that there were no problems when the upgrade script ran it stepped through everything including upgrading the database as it should have, no errors were returned at all - Two unexpected things have occurred since,

1 - even though I followed what directories to copy over for the upgrade carefully, it seems my custom style (such as it is) got clobbered - it didnt take long to fix, but I did not have that issue when I tested all this....

2 - more important to me, I am cleaning up all the extra groups and permissions now that they are a little more granular, it seems when I attempt to delete a group - empty or not, I get back this error.....

Fri, Nov 20 2009 19:38:45 -0700
Art Script: /home4/jonfundo/public_html/forum/admin/dogroupmanage.php - Line: 81
select USER_ID as uid
from ubbt_USER_GROUPS
where GROUP_ID = 7
and USER_ID =
(select distinct USER_ID
from ubbt_USER_GROUPS
where GROUP_ID <> 7
and USER_ID = uid)
- Unknown column 'uid' in 'where clause'

Anyone have a clue as to where and what to look for??

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
#1. Most of the time the styles will do that during a move and need to be rebuilt. Will get that fixed for v8.

#2. That is one query where we are using a subselect. So, what's probably happened is your new server is running an older version of MySQL.

For now what you can do, if the group is empty, is just manually delete it with this SQL query (changing the # to the actual group number):

SQL Query
update ubbt_GROUPS
set GROUP_IS_DISABLED='1'
where GROUP_ID='#'

A
art
A Offline
Thanks Rick!, its actually a newer version of mysql from the server I moved it from. I expected some surprises, and am eagerly waiting for v8 ;-) The styles were a 10 minute fixup job from my test site and wasn't a big deal at all. I'm a noob as far as working with this software, but not so much of a noob with moving servers /systems,etc.

Last edited by art; 11/21/2009 12:00 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
3 members (rootman, Gizmo, Nightcrawler), 562 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29