Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#231602 12/05/2009 6:54 AM
W
stranger
stranger
W Offline
It seems that when a new member registers, when they first log in by default avatars do not appear (their own and others). I know that if they go My Stuff > Preferences they can change it to "Yes" but a fair few people don't notice.

Is there a way to make it so that it is by default "Yes" (ie. set to on)? If so, any kind soul able to tell me how?

Thank you.

addict
addict
Not sure if it is default on already (I never noticed an issue with that before)... However, you can set it up so that when a new user joins they can turn avatars on during the sign up process.

Go to the control panel under Registrations... go to registration screen. Go down to the avatar function and select Show or Show and Require. If you select show... it will show the option but not require an answer. If you select show and require, they will be required to respond if they want avatars on or off. This is useful for people with slower connections to have a choice if they want to wait for avatars to load when they select a forum to read or not.

Dunny

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 814 guests, and 236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29