Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
The site is currently running Perl 5.1.4 with PgSQL. I would like to upgrade to the PHP and convert to MySQL, which the rest of the site is using. From reading the other posts I know I will need to first upgrade to Perl 5.4.4 to update the database. BUT..... is it possible to convert the database from PgSQL to MySQL? Has anybody ever tried this? And were successfull?

Jim

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Boy, I'm not too sure. I would think there would be some export/import tools available that would allow you to drop out the data from Postgres and import to mysql. I'll look around and see if I can find something.

-------------------
Rick Baker
UBBThreads developer

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Did a bit of reading, and it looks like if you setup the mysql tables (create the database and run createtable.php to create the tables), you can then import your data from postgres with this:

pg_dump -qxnd -f/tmp/data.dump databasename

mysql databasename < data.dump

I'm not sure how this exactly works, so you might just want to do a test and see if it actually imports correctly.

-------------------
Rick Baker
UBBThreads developer


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 347 guests, and 100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)