|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 391
addict
|
|
addict
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 391 |
Overnight someone accessed my account on my host and deleted everything from my UBB directory, so the site is gone. My host is looking at a possible hole in cPanel and fortunately has a full backup ready to be restored. This has come just days after it was discovered my site had been compromised by someone setting up a phishing script. I then locked down everything with extremely strong passwords and somehow they still got in. Out of my 4 sites, my UBB site was the only one they hit. I wonder if this is tied in with all the spammers that have been hitting. As soon as I find out how they are getting in I'll post it here.
Greg AKA Virgil Earp at the OK Corral Tombstone, AZ
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1 |
Ugh, that sucks. Definitely keep us posted, and let me know if there is anything I can do to assist.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294 Likes: 2 |
There is people daily trying all kinds of browser type inputs to gain access to all the UBB's running on my systems. No one has made any entry in hundreds of thousands attempts as of yet.
I never like cPanel or Plesk and do not use either one.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 391
addict
|
|
addict
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 391 |
Thanks to Rick I think the problem has been discovered and corrected. It appears there were some exploits left that weren't discovered after the phishing attack and they probably used those to open a back door and destroy everything. Files removed and all should be good again. Thanks Rick!
Greg AKA Virgil Earp at the OK Corral Tombstone, AZ
|
|
|
|
2 members (SteveS, vscope),
455
guests, and
117
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
|
|