Page 2 of 2 1 2
Bad Frog #232003 12/10/2009 1:06 PM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Bad Frog
Originally Posted by Kam the Mortgage
Just testing posts...

smells like meat in a can!

nothing has proven to me that it's actually meat...lol.

Greg AKA Virgil Earp at the OK Corral
Tombstone, AZ
GregK #232010 12/10/2009 2:04 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Spam tastes pretty good tongue

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #232011 12/10/2009 2:18 PM
Old Hand
Old Hand
fry it up with a little mustard, good stuff

"No matter where you go, there you are."
"If you can't do something smart, Do something right"
"There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't"
Bad Frog #232017 12/10/2009 3:08 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Fried spam is delicious! Even on some high fiber bread with some mayo tongue

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #232021 12/10/2009 4:21 PM
addict
addict
Spam and eggs, yummy! Hmmm, I think we just high jacked this thread.

Tombstone, AZ
Veteran
Veteran
... after a thread is started?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
So we hijacked a thread about spammers by talking about spam... lol

Veteran
Veteran
lol

Addict
Addict
I have never tried Spam.

Steve

UBB.classic from 2000-2003
UBB.threads from 2003-present!
addict
addict
Originally Posted by SteveS
I have never tried Spam.

You should give it a try. You can use Spam for just about any meal.

Tombstone, AZ
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Originally Posted by GregK
You can use Spam for just about any meal.

Also with e-meal? laugh

[Linked Image from siemons.org]
veteran
veteran
You think that's bad. This UK advert is terrible. If I gave my wife spam for an anniversary it would be my last one!

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
My dad used to make fried spam and eggs. I liked it.

This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
addict
addict
We still have fried spam and eggs and it's great.

Tombstone, AZ
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I highly recommend pan frying spam... where you can just eat it out of the can (it is pre-cooked ground pork shoulder steak) it is totally better warm

Old Hand
Old Hand
when I as camping this summer I had fried spam and mac'n yak with extra Tabasco sauce... good stuff!

"There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't"
Veteran
Veteran
Yeah, you sure padded your post's really quickly to get YOUR URL on your profile.

Old Hand
Old Hand
got his 10 posts and then stopped, I reported him to Rick

addict
addict
when I as camping this summer I had fried spam and mac'n yak with extra Tabasco sauce... good stuff!

Hmmm, not so sure about the Tabasco, but the rest sounds yummy!

Tombstone, AZ
Old Hand
Old Hand
Originally Posted by GregK

Hmmm, not so sure about the Tabasco, but the rest sounds yummy!

tabasco is mild compared to of my hot sauces.. but if that isn't your think, some fresh ground pepper and ketchup are good also :-)

addict
addict
It's not being hot, it's just the flavor of it I don't care for. When I use hot sauce it has to be HOT or I won't use it.

Tombstone, AZ
Old Hand
Old Hand
I have a slew of sauces from mild to oh my fracking god thats hot!

I found a good one, Mama Afrika's PeriPeri sauce, VERY good, excellent taste, and has a nice building heat.

addict
addict
At an open house the other day I found a cherry/jalepeno that, while not super hot, was delicious. I was going to purchase a jar, but they were out. Need to get back to that store before we leave for the winter and grab a couple of jars.

Tombstone, AZ
addict
addict
Hmmm, interesting way this thread has gone. From computer spammers, to spam lunch meat, to hot sauce. I wonder where it will head next...LOL

Tombstone, AZ
Old Hand
Old Hand
we had a rather lengthy topic on hot sauce on my site not too long ago,

http://www.vannin.com/threads/ubbthreads.php/topics/312125/1.html

I had been searching for a decent price on the mama africa peri peri sauce and was having a hell of a time finding it that wasn't going to cost an arm and a leg, I just ordered 6 - 9.5oz bottles on Amazon for $36.00, now I won't have to use it so sparingly for a while!

addict
addict
Oh my, better have the antiacids close by.

Tombstone, AZ
Old Hand
Old Hand
fun facts about hot sauce....
Millions of people from many cultures from around the world enjoy the flavor and fire of hot foods. After all, chiles are the second most common spices in the world, following salt. Few people, however, realize the many health benefits that chile peppers offer. A substance called capsaicin causes the heat of chiles and peppers.

Capsaicin has been associated with many cures that include lowering blood pressure, reducing cholesterol and warding off strokes and heart attacks, speeding up metabolism, treating colds and fevers, preventing cancer and pain control. Capsaicin is a flavorless, odorless chemical concentrated in the veins of chiles and peppers.

The seeds grow next to the veins and absorb the chemical. Contrary to popular belief, the seeds are not the hottest part of a chile. Rather, the greatest heat is found in the capsaicin oil, which is found in the membranes and near the stems of chiles plants. Removing the seeds and especially the veins can reduce the heat by up to fifty percent. Otherwise, capsaicin is virtually indestructible and can withstand freezing, cooking and time.

Experts believe that capsaicin acts on and desensitizes nerve fibers that carry pain signals throughout the nervous system. Repeated and high doses of capsaicin prevent sensory nerves from replenishing their chemical stores and they basically run out of neurotransmitters (the chemical agents that transmit the message of pain to a nerve or muscle).

When taken internally, capsaicin stimulates circulation sequentially, from the internal organs to skin surface and subsequently throughout the entire body. When applied externally and once it penetrates the skin, capsaicin increases circulation to the site where it has been applied. Capsaicin has been used medicinally for centuries. Hot peppers were one of the first plants domesticated in the Americas. Archaeologists believe people in Mexico were eating chiles and peppers as early as 7000 BC. Ancient pain-relievers and other medications used capsaicin as a major ingredient.

Capsaicin has been proven to be highly successful in relieving symptoms of arthritis, sports injuries, other kinds of chronic joint and muscle pain, and certain kinds of itching. Capsaicin cream was originally used to treat the intense pain of herpes zoster (shingles), which is a nerve infection caused by chicken pox and usually afflicts adults. Medical studies have shown that capsaicin significantly lowers cholesterol and is a factor in warding off strokes and heart attacks.

Capsaicin has also been medicinally proven to aid in the human body's process of digestion and protect against stomach ulcers and the ravages of alcohol. Contrary to popular belief that ulcer sufferers should avoid spicy foods, a report published in "Digestive Diseases and Sciences" concluded that capsaicin increased blood flow in the stomach's mucous lining, which may help in healing of the stomach tissue.

Chile also protects against the side effects of aspirin and chile eaters develop fewer peptic ulcers than those who eat plain foods. Also, rates of stomach cancer are unusually low in countries where chile peppers are part of a regular diet, as capsaicin appears to neutralize some carcinogens. Research has proven that adding chile peppers to your foods can help your body burn calories faster (up to 45 calories more per meal than if you eat bland dishes) and speed up your metabolism. Chile peppers are an incredible replacement for the fat and salt in your diet as the flavors of the foods are enhanced sufficiently with the ingredients themselves.

When people eat hotter chiles, they experience pain in their mouths and throats. The nervous system reacts to the pain by releasing morphine-like endorphins. Endorphins create a sense of euphoria similar to the "runner's high" that some people get from exercise. People who regularly eat chiles will find that they develop a tolerance to the heat and will have to eat increasingly hotter foods to get the high. Fresh chiles offer the highest source of vitamin C available from any vegetable.

Surprisingly, fresh, uncooked green chiles provide at least twice and up to eight times the amount that is available from citrus fruits. Chiles are also a good source of vitamin A. As chiles turn from green to red, they lose much of their vitamin C but gain vitamin A through increased amounts of carotene. When fresh chiles are dried they lose most of their vitamin C content, but their vitamin A content increases 100 times. In addition to adding great flavor to food that thrills the palate, chiles offer the world some amazing health benefits.

Medical research continues into the medicinal powers of peppers through scientific studies and clinical trials. In the years to come, perhaps society can blend the knowledge of the ancient cultures with modern medicine and arrive at a balance that ensures the prevention of disease and the promotion of good health, using every means at our disposal. Chiles are not only "hot" in popularity and flavor, but have proven to be very "healthy" as well

Addict
Addict
My wife is Thai, and she makes all of her hot sauces from scratch. After the burns I've gotten on my hands, I don't dare to eat any of it.

Steve

UBB.classic from 2000-2003
UBB.threads from 2003-present!
addict
addict
ROFL. I love spice... it, however, does not like me very much frown

Dunny

stranger
stranger
The thing about spammers is that they don't seem to realise that the more spam that they send the less believable they are! They would probably be better off if they just sent one or two messages selling their "honest" product but no. They just spam and spam and spam some more. At least we know they're waisting their time smile

S
stranger
stranger
S Offline
I enjoy hot food, but sadly I hate mushrooms, onions and chilli's etc so if anyone wants to invent really hot curries and meat pies without onions/peppers and mushrooms Id be a big customer.. lol

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Havenofsobriety, rootman), 624 guests, and 106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29