Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#232061 12/12/2009 11:35 AM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 583
old hand
old hand
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 583
When I send out a mass email to members, teh email they receive only says "Hi ," but their name is missing. The language variable EMAIL_SALUTE string is set to: "Hi %%USERNAME%%," but the name doesn't get filled in on outgoing emails. (I'm using 7.5.4.2). is %%USERNAME%% the correct variable or is there some other problem in the code? I think this has been discussed before but I can't find where.
Thanks,

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Here is the default coding for the Email_salute string.
Quote
Hi %%USERNAME%%,<br /><br />


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 583
old hand
old hand
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 583
Originally Posted by Ruben
Here is the default coding for the Email_salute string.
Quote
Hi %%USERNAME%%,<br /><br />
I know and that is what my string says, but when people receive emails, it just says Hi , (the name is missing)

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Okay just thought I would give a fyi.
I know you have needed to hack a little for some items to fix them.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
If you're sending out your emails via BCC, it won't have a personal salutation, since each email is sent to multiple recipients, not just to a single person.

It will only add the username if the emails are sent out one by one.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 494 guests, and 102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)