I've noticed this post :
https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/posts/229595.html

The long promised UBB API will be available with version 8. As we progress through the rewrite, many of the common functions are being moved into an API library. This will be fully documented upon release and will contain things such as:

Adding and Removing Users
User Login and User Logout
Sending Private Messages
Adding a Topic/Post
and more...

It seems exciting ...
But I wonder that are these APIs language-neutral (SOAP or REST style) ? If no , PLEASE add SOAP or REST endpoint ...
Language-neutral is very important for a web-platform.
If these APIs are SOAP/REST style , programmers can use any language (Java/Ruby/Perl/Python...) to interact with UBBThreads , that will be great.

BTW , Beside these API , I eagerly suggest "notification" API for programmers to 'hook' events from UBBThreads.

That is , every important action will fire an action (user registered , thread created , reply added , private mail received ... etc )to the notification endpoint (usually REST style).
This will make it easy for programmers to connect UBBThreads to twitter/facebook/msn-robots/etc...

(Technically , "fire an action" is just a HTTP's POST connection to programmer's endpoint. It is suggested implemented in PHP_Threads , which won't block user's screen)

That is , if UBBThreads doesn't (or are not planned yet) want to implement Facebook Connect , programmers can implement this by himself with these notification APIs.

English is not my native language. I try my best to express my thought precisely. I hope you understand what I mean. If any misunderstanding results from culture gaps, I apologize first.