We're getting a lot of interest in our upcoming version of UBB, so I thought I'd take a moment to give a bit of an update.

The control panel is currently in beta testing while we work on the front end. Things are moving along at a pretty rapid pace and we're able to start posting some screenshots and giving some information on the changes in the Version 8 Changelog.

It's always been a pretty common complaint against UBB, that the default style is boxy, crowded, too busy, etc. So, we're making a big effort to improve this and will try to make the default style be a little more consistent with what is expected in modern websites.

We'll also be extending an offer to work with various theme designers to create some different themes out of the gate. As stated before, if you are, or know of, a professional theme designer, you can contact me directly and I'll give some info on what we'll be offering.

Please note that in any of the screenshots, the final design is still being worked on, so any colors, icons, etc. are subject to change.

That's pretty much it for now. Thanks for reading!

You can discuss this announcement here.