Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 60
B
journeyman
journeyman
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 60
What a mess.
My website now resides at http://www.scbmwrc.com
All of the files are under the "htdocs" subdirectory
I uploaded the files for the latest version to a directory called "installation".
Unix server, uploaded files via FTP.

When I put:
http://www.scbmwrc.com/htdocs/installation/install/install.php in the browser window, I get a 404 error.

What am I doing wrong?

Looking down the road, under the "Path and URLs" task, it doesn't appear that I can enter:
http://www.scbmwrc.com/htdocs because there is a bold note which reads: there should be no slash trailing the domain.

What should I do here?

Thank you,

Bill


Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Normally the htdocs should be ignored, so it should be something like http://www.scbmwrc.com/installation But I see that's not coming up with anything either.

It's probably best if you just open up a support ticket. If you can provide the FTP information to your server, then we can take a look and get things situated for you.

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 60
B
journeyman
journeyman
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 60
Originally Posted by Rick
Normally the htdocs should be ignored, so it should be something like http://www.scbmwrc.com/installation But I see that's not coming up with anything either.

It's probably best if you just open up a support ticket. If you can provide the FTP information to your server, then we can take a look and get things situated for you.

Will do.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Also don't forget files and folders are case specific.
So if you used a capital in one of the names it won't work either.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Geoff), 614 guests, and 85 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)