Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I'm wondering if there are any plans to allow attached graphic images to be displayed in the "Preview" of posts/replies? This came to me as a winsome complaint of sorts from one of my members.

And in regard to Previewing a post/reply in general, it has also been mentioned that having the preview displayed on top of the original post/reply textbox rather than its current location beneath it would be much preferred so that you wouldn't have to scroll down to view it.

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!
pinku
Unregistered
pinku
Unregistered
Hi.

I have tried several other message boards that might be better suited for this question but I never got an answer.

As some of you may know, when you recieve an email using Outlook Express with a JPG or other picture attachment, the image shows up in the preview pane as well as in the message if you open it.

But, when you use Outlook, the picture, when sent as an attachment, will not show up in the preview pane or message you must save it or open it.

Here is an example. Here is a message with a JPG attachment opened in Outlook

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
To be honest I don't see the relevancy of what occurs in Outlook, an e-mail client vs. a community bulletin board. [Linked Image from the-highway.com]

There are currently competitive BB's that do incorporate this feature; in fact both the ones I mentioned: 1) Display of attached image files when previewing, and 2) Preview panes located above the original text box. One of these BB's that offer such features is "phpBB". Since these features do already exist and work fine, I thought it worth suggesting these couple features for our UBB.threads. grin

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!
J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
oh, I am looking forward for that, hope that it is possible..

stranger
stranger
I agree with this one. Be awesome if the editor was WYSIWYG. So no tags show up, only the color, font, whatever you select shows.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by Romeos Tune
I agree with this one. Be awesome if the editor was WYSIWYG. So no tags show up, only the color, font, whatever you select shows.
So long as the rest of us can see the tags we enter in manually, sure I can stand behind that..

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 686 guests, and 131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29