|
|
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 755 Likes: 1
Old Hand
|
|
Old Hand
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 755 Likes: 1 |
ok, all of a sudden, neither chrome nore firefox knows what to do with a HTM file,rename it to HTML, works fine. I was able to view these pages less than a week ago. IE8 opens HTM with no issue.
I know (I think) that HTML5 doesn't accept HTM as valid anymore?
is there some htaccess trick I can do to tell it how to handle HTM so I don't have to edit/rename a ton of files? they are all old files, minutes from meetings, etc, would be a very time consuming process
"No matter where you go, there you are." "If you can't do something smart, Do something right" "There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1 |
are these being served via apache or just local on your HDD via explorer ?
edit: i assume it's via webserver after re-read... hrm... weird that it switched 'on its own' kinda...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 755 Likes: 1
Old Hand
|
|
Old Hand
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 755 Likes: 1 |
they are on my server (apache) it is only the files in one folder, I can't see anythinig in htaccess or anywhere else that would explain the behavior.
I'm baffled.. I take the index.htm, move it to another folder, it opens fine. I upload a different file and name it index.htm, it works, but the files I want to open, don't.
"No matter where you go, there you are." "If you can't do something smart, Do something right" "There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 755 Likes: 1
Old Hand
|
|
Old Hand
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 755 Likes: 1 |
it is working for now, I am going to have to mess with it more later. these are files in a client's directory and the tags are a mess.
"No matter where you go, there you are." "If you can't do something smart, Do something right" "There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1 |
i'm baffled too now 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 755 Likes: 1
Old Hand
|
|
Old Hand
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 755 Likes: 1 |
please go to vannin.com/threads with firefox and tell me what happens, I can't get my site to open all of a sudden
"No matter where you go, there you are." "If you can't do something smart, Do something right" "There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 755 Likes: 1
Old Hand
|
|
Old Hand
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 755 Likes: 1 |
I get a pop up asking me what to do with the file... application/x-httpd-php would I like to open it or save it.. just started happening only in firefox
"No matter where you go, there you are." "If you can't do something smart, Do something right" "There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 755 Likes: 1
Old Hand
|
|
Old Hand
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 755 Likes: 1 |
and suddenly it is opening correctly again.. AAARRGGGGHHH!
"No matter where you go, there you are." "If you can't do something smart, Do something right" "There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1 |
works fine for me  are you serving ads that might be changing ? :shrug:
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 755 Likes: 1
Old Hand
|
|
Old Hand
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 755 Likes: 1 |
for some reason I had to add a handler to htaccess to get firefox to know what to do with HTM and PHP file suddenly. I never needed it before.
AddType application/x-httpd.php .html .php .htm
addhandler application/x-httpd.php .html .php
"No matter where you go, there you are." "If you can't do something smart, Do something right" "There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
|
|
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235 |
Love the toolbar. Where did you pick that up from? 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
|
|
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235 |
OK, found the link when I used some of its options. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 755 Likes: 1
Old Hand
|
|
Old Hand
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 755 Likes: 1 |
I found that on one of Gizmo's pages. my users seem to like it too.
"No matter where you go, there you are." "If you can't do something smart, Do something right" "There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
I find all the good stuff.. actually i found it at a clients site and read up on it  ...
|
|
|
|
1 members (Rick Gardner),
283
guests, and
175
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|