Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#235106 02/24/2010 8:52 AM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 16
N
stranger
stranger
N Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 16
A suggestion/request for UBB 8.0 ...

I am using UBB Threads 7.5.4.2 running on Linux. I have an issue with my ISP that limits outgoing email. So, I want to disable the Watch List features by "hiding" it from the users. Can I hide this option from users so that it is not displayed? I think the DB can stay the same, just don't offer users an option to change their watch list settings.

Queued email is not an option for me.

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 16
N
stranger
stranger
N Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 16

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
I agree on this subject.
Even if there are issues on importing a post from a email distribution list. There should be no reason that we can't send a (watched item) to a distribution list.
Just need to have the tools to do it.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I would also like to see a method to disable emails (either altogether or for specific features (such as "system mails only", "private messages", "watched lists"))


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by Gizmo
I would also like to see a method to disable emails (either altogether or for specific features (such as "system mails only", "private messages", "watched lists"))


I agree there for sure. Sure would save me time to manually go in and write it all out every time I do an upgrade.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)