Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#235189 02/27/2010 12:59 AM
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 12
I
stranger
stranger
I Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 12
I had an issue with some captcha symbols not showing (eg only seeing 4 characters instead of six), I found that I needed to check there are no additional files sitting in the captcha folders - I found a few index.html blank files sitting there and deleted them -. Now I am seeing all six letters/numbers BUT keep getting an error "Image verification incorrect" when trying to post. I put the index.html files back as I found that they should be there - no other rogue files are in the captcha folders. I saw something about removing blank lines in the captcha.inc.php but still no joy...any suggestions? I am on ver 7.3.1 and do not want to upgrade unless this is absolutely necessary
Thanks for any advice

Last edited by intouchweb; 02/27/2010 1:11 AM.
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 12
I
stranger
stranger
I Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 12
Replying to my own post...problem was solved by reestablishing the permissions as described in the setup instructions.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, 1 invisible), 466 guests, and 124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)