Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
I
stranger
stranger
I Offline
I have received some feedback from members of a forum that they find it complicated to use and understand. I was wondering what your advice would be to make some changes in order to make the forum appear very simple. eg I would like to remove FAQ on the menu, and I would like to collapse the display options area unless the user wants it..? Can these be done? Any other simple changes otr suggestions to strip down the appearance of complexity to some users?

journeyman
journeyman
I find this one of the easier forums to use and navigate.

I don't know what you forum looks like, but I think by using Categories and Forums and have a good flow of structure on the information that helps. Just like good flow of information and structure is important on websites I think the same principal applies to forums.

Some items in the FAQ don't apply to my forum but members have found the information useful, but I also have a "How Do I" forum and some Notes in the Admin. Notices that help the users.

Maybe one of the guru's could make a Mod for you on the having the categories collapsed, but I wouldn't want that as a stock function. Check over at UBBDev,com and see if there is a Mod that would fit or if someone can build one for you. I would be unhappy if I had to click to open each category.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 744 guests, and 147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29