Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#235420 03/07/2010 9:44 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Ok, so I was poking around today while looking for a virus scanner to scan websites remotely when I came accross an interesting feature of a forum (this forum); after X ammount of time with no response the thread gets locked as to avoid breathing life into old support threads...

i found it kind of interesting as a potential feature...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 20
B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 20
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Ok, so I was poking around today while looking for a virus scanner to scan websites remotely when I came accross an interesting feature of a forum (this forum); after X ammount of time with no response the thread gets locked as to avoid breathing life into old support threads...

i found it kind of interesting as a potential feature...


This is an interesting feature indeed. I use it in my current e107 board on a different way: When there is no reply in a topic for two weeks the quick reply box disappears and users get a message that they should consider if their message is interesting enough. I would like this feature in UBB also


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Rick Gardner), 283 guests, and 175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)