Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Currently when adding a new group or member title with a post count. A member has to add a post after the change in the control panel to take effect.
Even if the post count requirement is far below the current post count of the member.

It would be nice to have a rebuild tool. for this feature.
Maybe one works now but I did not want to try all of them to figure it out.

Also a nice to have would be a pm message that they have changed there status from the board. Like thank you for being a member and exceeding ##posts as a reward you have been Bla Bla Bla


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
the email thing would be kinda cool for some sites...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Yep it would, since we will be getting a editor to save email templates in v 8.
But thinking about the primary request it would also be useful for existing boards where you reduce rights by post number level.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 186
member
member
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 186
I've had to reduce the permissions a few times and have done this to get it done. The most recent example is that I've had people spam the shoutbox. Not actual spammers, just people posting bizarre things on there. So I noticed that everyone that had done it recently had less than 5 posts.

To initially create the list I go into member management and have it select all users with more than, or less than, the number of posts and then change groups and add them to the new group. It take a minute or 2 to do it but it is the easiest way that I know to do it.


Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Well it may be fairly simple if you don't have some special groups already in there for reasons other than post count.
In my case I have some groups designated to private forums for specific groups. Not by post count.
But each group does not have access to the other groups forums.
But has normal group rights to the regular public forums.

I had to fat finger them in and I don't want to do it again. It took forever.
Your suggestion will work but it would be very cumbersome for my case as I would need to break it into several processes.
In fact I am doing that now.

Then hope I did not hose a member for access or worse add permissions to another groups forums.Which I have done a few times already due to operator error on my part creating the new group and selecting the wrong permissions.

It just evolved into a complicated mess.

Where all I want to do is add a 2nd level regular users group that allows larger file attachments and gallery files. Including some of the same people that are in the other special groups but only in the public forums.

I think I am dizzy now trying to explain this example.
But anyway it would be simpler to have a rebuild tool when you are like me and make a mistake on permissions than going through it all over again.

Then the bottom line is the changes don't take effect until the member makes another post. Or go through the member management panel again.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, 1 invisible), 522 guests, and 131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)