|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 8
stranger
|
|
stranger
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 8 |
Hi,
during my absence I would like to give a global mod the possibility to edit the registraion queue, but not to get access to the full cp. is this possible? usually it can only edit the users or authorize post.
regards, Daniel
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 514
addict
|
|
addict
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 514 |
I remember before that I had myself as a global mod and had permissions to do that. I think it is a permission you can set in the group management settings.... the box would be "can edit users" click to yes.. and make sure they have access to the cp and voila they can edit users...(which means they can see the reg. que as well).
Dunny
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88 |
You can do as Dunny suggested. But FYI even if you allow a moderator control panel access they are still limited to its use. I don't do this myself but I can tell you many options are missing in the control panel for a moderator.
Only a Admin has full access in the control panel.
Blue Man Group There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,344
veteran
|
|
veteran
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,344 |
Admins only for full access if you dont give them the permissions under cp settings. You can give a group full cp access.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 8
stranger
|
|
stranger
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 8 |
thanks for answering my questin, bzt that doesn't work. the globalmod can only edit users, doesn't see the other control panels in the member management (reg queue). i don't want to give them full cp access.
bye Daniel
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88 |
That's is why I made the statement. They would still need cp access as Dunny suggested. But they really don't have 100% full access. More than the edit users option allows but a little less than a admin. At first glance it would appear that they have full access but they can't delete the primary admin. Also if you dig quite a bit you will see various tabs missing. Like for instance I believe "become a member" is not there.
Blue Man Group There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 8
stranger
|
|
stranger
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 8 |
you're right, it seems that they have full access, but they don't have. unfortunately, they have more access than I would like.
bye daniel
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88 |
Blue Man Group There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
|
|
|
|
1 members (Havenofsobriety),
156
guests, and
140
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
|
|