Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E Offline
for some reasons, some members (not all, actually, very few),
are being created on the forum and there are not groups attached to them.
I go to mysqladmin and I can see that the Table USER_GROUPS is empty for that member.
Question 1: how that could happen?

Question 2: Is there any script that will give the status 'USER' for all members, in adition to what ever then already have?

Thank you

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
I'd first double check your Member Management -> Registration Settings to make sure that the proper default group is checked.

You can go into member management, search for all users and use the change groups option. You can then choose to add everyone to the Users group and it will do so if they don't already belong to that group.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E Offline
Originally Posted by Rick
I'd first double check your Member Management -> Registration Settings to make sure that the proper default group is checked.

that is checked , since most of the new registrant are being registered fine.
That was my first check and it's ok. I even create few users my self, and all were created OK. could not find in which circumstance the new users do not complete the database process.

Originally Posted by Rick
You can go into member management, search for all users and use the change groups option. You can then choose to add everyone to the Users group and it will do so if they don't already belong to that group.

That part I'm not sure if will work. I did that but I'm not sure. I need to find another member in that situation in order to confirm. The reason is that if I search for that especific member, the ubb threads do not show the member.
I can search by username, displayname or emails and ubbthread never shows the member if the member do not have any group linked.
So I'm not sure if doing that search the way you explain will fix the problem.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
If you want to open up a support ticket, then I can do a few queries in the control panel to check a few things and verify for you.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 919 guests, and 149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29