Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Addict
Addict
I seem to have encountered a bug where on the main forum index, the "last post" info to the right of the first listed forum shows a post from a... completely different forum.

When I click on it it also becomes apparent that I'm being taken to a different forum.

What's interesting is that this info (last post taken from wrong forum) stays even though newer posts in that other forum (or even thread) are available.

Is there any way to stop the system from pulling the last post info from the wrong forum?

Help! smile

Humm...
Could it be some topic management has occurred. such as moving topics,deleting topics, adding forums blab,Bla.
I would start with the rebuild content in the control panel and or clear cache while you are there.

Control Panel » Content Rebuilder
I would run all of them
It might take a while on a very large forum.

Then
Control Panel » Clear Cache

Or try any combo in between.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
i would NOT run all of them...

just rebuild the forums.. and especially don't run 'rebuild post counts', unless you don't mind resetting user post counts..

2c

Addict
Addict
I've tried clearing the cashe but it still happens.

It only occurs to the top-most forum, and it only throws in a last post from one particular other forum which also happens to be the most popular one in terms of posts.

This only happens a few times a day. For some reason it'll throw in the last post from another forum and then leave it that way even though the thread (from another forum) will continue to have new posts added.

Of course posting in the first forum "fixes" things temporarily by instantly showing the last post from this forum, but then a few hours later for some mysterious reason it'll show a last post from that different forum...

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
When you see it happen again maybe we can try to catch it, just post a note here or PM me with a link to it and we can try to do a database query or two to isolate it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 476 guests, and 111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29