Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
I am still trying to understand the MASTER DATABASE. The directory that is in my website Backup Storage Directory Field is as follows: /home/08/39/2913908/web/forum'. This tests OK and I am confused as to numbers in this directory label. I assume the /home/08/39/2913908/ refers to a number assigned to our TARPA.com website on your server. Now when I go to the Tarpa.com/web/forum directory, I find a list of sql files which I believe are the files created when backing up our database. If this is so then I understand where those backup files are located and they are a series of individual tables and NOT just one large database file. Assuming the location of our backup database files are in the .../web/forum directory, then how do I restore these to the database directory? Is it possible to backup up my database to my own computer by typing that path into the Backup Storage Directory Field?

Here is the content of my "Forum Includes File"

' FULL_URL' => 'http://www.tarpa.com/forum',
'BASE_URL' => '/forum',
'FULL_PATH' => '/home/08/39/2913908/web/forum',
'SESSION_PATH' => '/home/08/39/2913908/web/forum/sessions',
'REFERERS' => 'http://www.tarpa.com',
'ATTACHMENTS_PATH' => '/home/08/39/2913908/web/forum/uploads',
'ATTACHMENTS_URL' => 'http://www.tarpa.com/forum/uploads',
'MULTI_URL' => '',
[/color]

I am having difficulty seeing the process here.

Thanks to anyone who can help a simple mind.

Bob

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Well, it's just how the backup system works that's built into the ubb, many small files vs one huge.

As for the random numbers in your paths, those are assigned by your server when your site was setup.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Thanks Gizmo,

Now I need an answer to the last question...how do I re-install the backup files into the system? Where would these files go?

I published the backup files from the website back to my computer's website, so I do have a copy in my computer.

Thanks
Bob

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I'm pretty sure you'd use a tool such as phpmyadmin to import the backup to the live database as I don't think there is a "restore" option in the ubb's backup utility.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
The only problem with the built in backup is just that, the restore.
There is not a restore utility.
So you would need to use some tool like phpmyadmin and that means restoring one table at a time. Which is slow.

I use the built in back up in addition to others. just for a backup to the backup. But restoring from the ubb backup for me would be the last resort option.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Addict
Addict
What is the advantage to using the ubb backup over other backups?

Steve

UBB.classic from 2000-2003
UBB.threads from 2003-present!
Really none.
It is a utility that is there in the control panel.
Like I stated.
The restore is the big item which is not present in ubb.
When you consider you have what 64 tables probably will be more in version 8. And you would need to restore each table one at a time because ubb backs up one table at a time each in a separate file.
Where other tools allow you to backup the whole database and restore in one step.

I personally use phpmyadmin for backups in addition to using a backup utility in cpanel as well as the built in backup in ubb.

Alternating all three just so I have a redundant backup .

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
I think the only advantage is that it is there without having to go anywhere else. With access to phpmyadmin or the command line I've never used the ubb backup. I know that I can run SQL commands in there, but I still generally go into phpmyadmin so that I can look at the data afterward to make sure. It is just there as an option for people that need quick access I think.

G
veteran
veteran
G Offline
I thinks its there for comfort as well as stated above, one place to go. Many dont feel comfortable doing things in phpmyadmmin as you can do more damage in there. I do a lot in phpmyadmin, but wana get more comfortable doing the same things via command line.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Ruben, Nightcrawler), 549 guests, and 171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29