Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
stranger
stranger
M Offline
I know code and template hacks are not supported. Not really asking for one, unless somehow I missed a option in the control panel. I have users that sneak on during work and they requested a system I built into a VB forum they used to use. I added a small hack to replace images. Using smarty php if they shut off sigs they also shut off images.

What I am asking is there a stock way to do this, or is this something we can look forward to in UBB 8. Or could this be something that can be done with the plugin hooks being placed in the new system?

addict
addict
I think under preferences they can click the "view avatars"/pics in sigs... I am going off the top of my head here since I don't have time at this exact second to look it up directly.

Dunny

addict
addict
Ok I did look it up... under my stuff preferences there is a block to turn off seeing people's signatures. Hope that is what you were looking for.

Dunny

M
stranger
stranger
M Offline
Originally Posted by Dunny
Ok I did look it up... under my stuff preferences there is a block to turn off seeing people's signatures. Hope that is what you were looking for.

Dunny

No all images, even ones people post and smilies. I used the turn off signatures option to run my hack. The only images they see are is the ones for the forum skins.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Who's Online Now
3 members (ahmed047, Nightcrawler, 1 invisible), 566 guests, and 148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29