Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#238769 08/20/2010 1:26 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
What's the oldest threads that is still running?

I'm awarding one internet cookie to the person that posts the link to the oldest threads that they can find running.

Ready? Go!


This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Wow, you can even get the 2.7.1 version that was released back in '98:

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/apps/www/misc/

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
lol, i completely misread David's post.. i went for the oldest thread here..

/me self slaps and hangs head in shame laugh

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
I downloaded the 2.7.1. I'm going to install it. I might win my own cookie!


This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
SD ;p


This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
I have 2.7.1 running, but I'll let someone else have a chance to get one running and win an internet cookie. laugh


This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
What. So we can be hosed by spammers. LOL


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
No Cookie For You!


This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Well I have my Rock Candy. Does that count?


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Did it come from Rock Candy Mountain?


This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by David Dreezer
I have 2.7.1 running, but I'll let someone else have a chance to get one running and win an internet cookie. laugh


https://www.ubbdev.com/old/wwwthread.cgi smile


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
Holy moley Allen! blush

awesome historical dealio

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Ah, if forums were that easy to setup nowadays smile


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
I had, at one time, a ubb from something like version 2 or 1.75 or something set up, but I can't remember where I put it or the files I used smile The files are on an old hard drive somewhere. I did find all the hacks made from version 5.45 to maybe 7.2 in the last few weeks. smile


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
We were nosing around warez sites a few years back finding many old ubb zips hidng out there. I'm not sure what happened to them :/


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
AA gets the internet cookie!
Attachments
internet_cookie.jpg


This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
I have a 3.10 still. I lost my copies of the 1.5 that we were all messing with. frown


This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 684
H
Addict
Addict
H Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 684
I liked that footer link to screamingweb.com. smile

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Harold
I liked that footer link to screamingweb.com. smile

I wish I would have held on to that domain name wink

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by David Dreezer
AA gets the internet cookie!


Thanks! laugh


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Selling a Forum?
by ECNet - 10/10/2026 10:54 AM
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 469 guests, and 123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)