Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
stranger
stranger
Hi folks,

Started using UBB in 2002, and just upgraded (for the first time!) and published at www.RPDforums.net At present I am bronze...

I have two "image" forums - Seascapes and Landscapes for Scottish Sailors (Lassies.org.uk) and Scottish Hills and Mountains (SHaM.org.uk) I wanted to call it Scottish Hills and Glens, but www.SHaG.org.uk doesn't sound too good.

Anyway, I want to make some of the threads/topics "sticky", so that the newest weekly "Competition Image" is always first. Take a look at www.RPDforums.net to see what I mean. I obviously need to log-in as admin/mod/gmod and have this enabled, but can't see how to do this.

Rick, Rick, Rick, Rick & Rick have helped enormously with support, but thought I'd ask the forumites instead. Rick might answer first, or course!

Thanks.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Rick might answer first, or course!

Maybe wink

For some reason, which I can't remember why, we removed the ability to make a gallery post sticky. I'll kick this around with the others and if we can't see a reason why this is done we'll need to get that ability in for version 8.

stranger
stranger
Thanks Rick,
Glad I wasn't missing the blatantly obvious this time! Hopefully users will keep the Competition one "sticky" by replying to it - if knot eyel just ceep pooting in rong ansers...

Best,

MuddyD/Douglas/Dee or whoever I feel like being today!

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
think of how memorable shag.org.uk would be though... lol

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
stranger
stranger
I've done a Domain Name search, and most of the shag. ones are already taken; but I've registered shag.es

Any suggestions about what I could use it for? Preferably ones I could tell my mother about?

What about photos of seabirds? Aren't the cormorant and shag seabirds?

MuddyD - aka Dee@RPD!
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Define: Shag:
# a strong coarse tobacco that has been shredded
# a matted tangle of hair or fiber; "the dog's woolly shag"
# a fabric with long coarse nap; "he bought a shag rug"
# Carolina Shag is a six count partner dance done mostly to moderate tempo music (100-150 bpm). During the dance the upper body and hips hardly move as the legs do convoluted kicks and fancy footwork. ...
# Josh Agle (born August 31, 1962) is an American artist, better known by the nickname SHAG.
# A shag cut is a hairstyle that has been layered. The layers make the hair full around the crown, and the hair thins to fringes around the edges. The style has been popularized by various actresses, including Florence Henderson in the 1970s and in the early 2000s Meg Ryan.

So, we have a "smokeables" community (I'd imagine Cigars or Cigarettes), some sort of pet community, some sort of carpet lovers (hmm, mother comfort-ability questionable) community, some sort of music community, some sort of art community, some sort of... hair community...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
stranger
stranger
Carolina Shag sounds the best - sadly, Rick will probably close this particular thread now.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
i donno... he's pretty easy going so long as we don't go too off topic and dirty tongue

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 939 guests, and 146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29