Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
D Offline
hi -- i'm currently having a bit of trouble with my forum that i'm pretty sure is related to a recent server upgrade. more than likely, this is just a quick little fix that i'm just not smart enough to know about smile if helpful, here's a copy of the error message i get when trying to access my forums (http://www.robkamphausen.com/ubbthreads/) and below that is a copy of the notice my server sent out prior to the error. maybe someone here will spot what i needs t'be fixin...?

UBB error:
Code
We encountered a problem. The reason reported was

Script: /home/robkam2/public_html/ubbthreads/scripts/cfrm.inc.php
Line#: 346
SQL Error: Table './robkam2_drkknght/ubbt_POSTS' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
SQL Error #: 145
Query: select COUNT(t1.POST_ID) as posts, sum(t1.POST_IS_TOPIC) as topics from ubbt_POSTS as t1, ubbt_TOPICS as t2 where t2.FORUM_ID = '4' and t1.TOPIC_ID = t2.TOPIC_ID and t1.POST_IS_APPROVED = '1' and t1.POST_POSTED_TIME > '1284751228'

Please use your back button to return to the previous page. 

notice (if helpful) from my host:

Code
We will be updating some components on the server on September 15th. First, MySQL will be updated from 5.0 to 5.1 series to keep the most currently available version for cPanel for our customers. We have backups on hand for all databases in the event of any issues with the upgrade process.

Please note MySQL prior to 5.1 has limited usernames to 16 characters. In those versions of MySQL, when a login username longer than 16 characters is sent to the server it is silently truncated to the 16 characters limit. In MySQL 5.1, all characters submitted for the username are checked during authentication. This change means that any user submitting more than 16 characters as their login username will fail to authenticate once the server is upgraded. To ensure the upgrade goes smoothly for you, if your sites use database logins longer than 16 characters, please correct database connection details to only send the first 16 characters of the current login usernames by truncating them.

Next, if your server have PHP 4 installed, we will be recompiling Apache and PHP to make PHP 5 the default on the server rather than PHP 4. On the servers with PHP 4 where PHP 5 has not been present, it will be added. If your server already runs PHP 5 only, PHP 5 will be just updated to the latest release and no changes will be required from your side. 

This change  on making PHP 5 the default should be unnoticeable other than those who are using the path to PHP for cron jobs on server with PHP 4. If you are, please note that the new path will be the following for PHP 4 binaries (where PHP 4 is installed):

/usr/local/php4/bin/php

PHP 5 will be also updated to the 5.2.14 version during this process.

Finally, we will be updating the theme on the server. The new theme will allow us to provide compatibility with the newest cPanel 11.25.1 version and offer additional options that the older theme did not provide.

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
yes, your host should repair that crashed table for you, but if you have access to shell or phpmyadmin or somewhere you can run a SQL query

SQL Query
REPAIR TABLE ubbt_POSTS

would repair that one table

D
D Offline
heya sirdude,

OK, when i do that in phpmyadmin, i get this:

Code
robkam2_drkknght.ubbt_POSTS     repair     Error     Table './robkam2_drkknght/ubbt_POSTS' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
robkam2_drkknght.ubbt_POSTS     repair     Error     Table 'ubbt_POSTS' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
robkam2_drkknght.ubbt_POSTS     repair     status     Table is already up to date

but, sadly, still getting the same error on my message boards frown

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
your posts table might be too large for phpmyadmin to repair.

do you have shell access ?

also, you should be telling your hosting company of this.. they should fix what they screwed up in the server upgrade

i don't know where your board is to tell you more, however smile

D
D Offline
thanks sirdude -

i don't believe i have shell access, but really anything beyond digging through phpmyadmin is too far in for my noggin smile

i'll give them a call and try that route!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
3 members (rootman, Gizmo, Nightcrawler), 562 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29