Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#239721 09/28/2010 9:27 PM
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 20
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 20
Sorry if this has been asked before or is obvious somewhere, I honestly looked all over the place first but can't find anything on advanced customization. Maybe I'm missing something, or maybe it really isn't doable. I'm wondering if anyone's found a way to customize details that aren't "settable" in the settings, or changeable with CSS.

I'd like to change a bunch of minor wording issues like taking the "Event:" off the front of custom event posts, remove who posted the event in the detailed event post, remove the list of moderators on the forum list...things which I'm sure are coded in (and thus hopefully editable) somewhere, but I can't for the life of me find where. I've searched the templates section with no luck. I've even done searches of the full text of files to try to locate some of these things to see where the scripts are even pulling them from. Is it really as hopeless as it seems?

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
Showing moderators (or not) is a control panel setting.

Minor wording issues are in the language editor, so removing a string (making it blank) would be the same effect in many cases.

smile

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 20
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 20
Oh wow, I think I completely skipped over the language editor thinking it just changed from English to Spanish and things like that. I will give that another go. Thank you!

Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 21
stranger
stranger
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 21
Uhm... totally, I COMPLETELY skipped over that area.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Selling a Forum?
by ECNet - 10/10/2026 10:54 AM
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 469 guests, and 123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)