Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 198
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 198
I was trying to find my members with the Member Custom Title "AI Subscriber" using Advanced search Options: "Text Field Search" it didn't find anything.

I then tried searching for #FFCC33 in the Name Color field and again, the search came up with nada.

The description for Text Field Search says
This field searches text in the Occupation, Location, Hobbies, Bio and Custom fields.

What's going on?


Member since November 2004
Gold Member since Feb 2008
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Well, I believe that "custom fields" exclude the "custom title", I think it's just the 4 "whatever you want" fields in the profile...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
In admin/membersearch.php:
Code
		$extra .= " and (t2.USER_OCCUPATION LIKE '%$fieldsearch%' OR t2.USER_LOCATION LIKE '%$fieldsearch%' OR t2.USER_HOBBIES LIKE '%$fieldsearch%' OR t2.USER_EXTRA_FIELD_1 LIKE '%$fieldsearch%' OR t2.USER_EXTRA_FIELD_2 LIKE '%$fieldsearch%'  OR t2.USER_EXTRA_FIELD_3 LIKE '%$fieldsearch%'  OR t2.USER_EXTRA_FIELD_4 LIKE '%$fieldsearch%'  OR t2.USER_EXTRA_FIELD_5 LIKE '%$fieldsearch%') ";

Doesn't hit the custom title field; so you'll have to add it like:
Code
		$extra .= " and (t2.USER_OCCUPATION LIKE '%$fieldsearch%' OR t2.USER_LOCATION LIKE '%$fieldsearch%' OR t2.USER_HOBBIES LIKE '%$fieldsearch%' OR t2.USER_CUSTOM_TITLE LIKE '%$fieldsearch%'  OR t2.USER_EXTRA_FIELD_1 LIKE '%$fieldsearch%' OR t2.USER_EXTRA_FIELD_2 LIKE '%$fieldsearch%'  OR t2.USER_EXTRA_FIELD_3 LIKE '%$fieldsearch%'  OR t2.USER_EXTRA_FIELD_4 LIKE '%$fieldsearch%'  OR t2.USER_EXTRA_FIELD_5 LIKE '%$fieldsearch%') ";




I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 198
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 198
ah, thanks Gizmo.

The description for that feature should probably change to be a bit more clear or the feature should change to include the custom title in the custom field search.


Member since November 2004
Gold Member since Feb 2008

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 563 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)