Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#240263 11/16/2010 2:02 AM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 522
Addict
Addict
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 522
I've noticed a dramatic decline in spider activity lately. Has anyone else seen this, or do I need to do something? I'm using the spider list that Ruben (and then Gizmo) posted several months ago.


Steve

UBB.classic from 2000-2003
UBB.threads from 2003-present!
SteveS #240264 11/16/2010 4:57 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
As long as the important ones are still there, that's the main thing. I think Yahoo has cleaned things up a bit. We used to have 20-30 Yahoo spiders showing up on the list, but it appears that now they've got it so it only shows up once (keeps coming from the same IP), instead of 30 different ones.

SteveS #240270 11/16/2010 6:08 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 522
Addict
Addict
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 522
You are probably correct. I haven't been paying attention to which spiders were crawling - just the total number.


Steve

UBB.classic from 2000-2003
UBB.threads from 2003-present!
SteveS #240305 11/20/2010 2:18 AM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 243
Likes: 1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 243
Likes: 1
Earlier this month, my site was hit with a 2-3 fold jump in traffic. Ran the hit count and bandwidth numbers really high. Then suddenly one day, they dropped back to normal.

I don't know if it was undeclared crawler activity or what.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (SteveS, vscope), 455 guests, and 117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)