Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
veteran
veteran
This is really hacking me off now!

I registered with this website for the UBB logo competition and ever since I keep getting e-mails inviting me to have a go at someone else's logo.

The problem is I can't stop it. There is nowhere on the site to de-register, remove myself from the mailing list, close my account or change my e-mail address.

Whenever I try to contact them they just close the ticket and ignore me.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I wish I'd never bothered now. mad

Veteran
Veteran
Pretty much why I never bothered. I have been spam FREE for 6 years now just by being careful.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Is that how I am signed up for this site? I wondered wtf these where coming from...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
spamming me too. i created a rule to instantly delete it and so i never see their crap anymore

smile

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
I'll see if I can contact them. As the contest originator it irks me a bit that they are using that to spam people.

veteran
veteran
I've just tried the Live Chat on their support site.

Monica : Welcome to MycroBurst.com-Support. How can I help you today?
ScriptKeeper: Can you please close my account or remove my e-mail address from your mailing list - mark@******.com
Monica : What do you mean do you want to cancel an order?
ScriptKeeper: No. I registered with your site to enter a logo design competition. It was a one-off thing for UBB. I am now getting e-mails inviting me to design logos for other people and I can't unsubscribe anywhere on your site.
Monica : Sorry designers do not have live chat support you should email support@mycroburst.com with your request.
ScriptKeeper: I have - twice. They just keep closing my ticket and ignoring me.
Monica : What I can do forward them this chat conversation with your message. Do you want me to do that?
ScriptKeeper: Yes, if you think it will help. See Ticket ID 7276.
Monica : Done.
No convinced but we'll see what happens.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
If they are not allowing you to opt out, I'd also consider reporing it at: http://www.ftc.gov/spam/

A
stranger
stranger
A Offline
Hi,

My name is Adina Berzofsky, and I am the Corporate Communications Coordinator for the Guru Corporation, the parent company of MycroBurst.com.

I am incredibly sorry that all of you have been receiving unwanted emails from MycroBurst.com. I stumbled across your complaints on this message board, and I would like to help you remove your email addresses immediately from the mailing lists.

Please contact me directly at: adina@gurucorporation.com
with your name and the email address which you would like to have removed from the list, and I will take care of it personally. I have also spoken to customer service about providing a link at the bottom of each and every email allowing designers to opt out of receiving these messages. I apologize for this, it was an oversight.

Thank you for working with me on this - we would never, ever want to harass anyone or create spam.

Thank you,
Adina Berzofsky
Corporate Communications Coordinator
Guru Corporation / MycroBurst.com / LogoDesignGuru.com
adina@gurucorporation.com

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Thanks for taking the time to post this Adina. Nice to see that you'll be taking care of this.

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
well, i just contacted Adina and 10minutes later (approx) i received an email that addresses the issue.

i 'should' be off their list now and will be watching to see if it is in effect.

regardless, that was very pro-active on her part!

cudos smile

A
stranger
stranger
A Offline
Hi All,

Adina here, from the Guru Corporation.

Sirdude, I'm happy to help.

I wanted to share one piece of information with you all. At the bottom of the emails, while it doesn't say the word "unsubscribe", it does say, "manage your subscription" in blue, with a link. If you click on those words, you will be taken to a page where you can unsubscribe from any emails yourself. This link is at the bottom of every single email you have ever received from us. Feel free to unsubscribe yourself at your own convenience.

Thank you,
Adina Berzofsky
Corporate Communications Coordinator
Guru Corporation / MycroBurst.com / LogoDesignGuru.com
adina@gurucorporation.com

(PS - I'll be out of the office for the week, so if you still need my help unsubscribing, email me and I'll take care of it as soon as I get back.)

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 661 guests, and 171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29