Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#240739 12/20/2010 11:52 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 35
Likes: 3
D
Newbie
Newbie
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 35
Likes: 3

so a few weeks back, I switched my boards to use an add-on domain (from robkamphausen.com/ubbthreads to rkmbs.com). Everything seems to be working fine, but on occasion, some posters are getting the following:


"The host from which you are accessing the board is not recognized as a valid host. This is more than likely related to a firewall issue that is blocking the referer variable. Check your firewall settings and try again. "

Any idea what I did wrong...?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
You might as well turn the option off; if it's causing problems it's going to continue to do so... The feature isn't even going to be in v8, so no real point to try to fix it...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 35
Likes: 3
D
Newbie
Newbie
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 35
Likes: 3
I'll give it a whirl!

Thanks, giz!


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 322 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)